Monday, March 30, 2009

Well.... sad news. After two weeks of being the wild, passionate object of his affection...... I've been dumped!!! He's obviously found another woman who is more to his liking, the CAD!!! I'm really going to miss him. Especially all of his poopies on my car!
We've had a poor, little love-sick robin "stalking" my car for the past couple weeks. He wasn't going to take "No" for an answer, I'll give him that! He spent pretty much all the daylight hours fluttering around it... going from one mirror to another, one window to another and doing a mating dance on the sun roof! We DO know that he must have found time to eat............. actually eat A LOT.... because there was PLENTY of proof of it all over the place! He couldn't seem to figure out why that beautiful girl in all of the windows & mirrors didn't love him back! Though, if you want to get technical, he was in love with another boy bird..... I'm not going to be judgemental! I wish we'd been able to get a picture of him, goofy bird, but he seemed to realize he was being "caught on tape" and was embarrassed. Such is love!!

There's been a flurry of activity around here & it's kept me from posting anything new. First, there's our dopey robin, then there's finishing up bindings etc... on the newest quilts, finishing our Forget-Me-Not quilt for the Susan G Komen foundation so that it can be photographed, writing the new patterns.... Snowmen A to Zzzz has 19 pages!!!! YIKES!!!!, doing Spring Garden Cleaning & planting, trying to spiff up the studio a little bit so that we can take some photos for an article in The Country Register, getting ready for the shop hop we're going to be involved in this July and dealing with all of the "closing on the building loan, power company, health department, county planning dept., builder, concrete dudes, trenching guys etc...." we're going a little bit NUTS here!!!
Good news is: I can finally wash my car & know that it's not going to be dirty again withing 5 minutes, new patterns, we're almost ready to send off the donated "designer" quilt, great fun because for 9 days in July we'll be able to have our own "stitchery shop" for the shop hop with kits and decorating and cookies, and we're breaking ground FINALLY on our new house!
WOO-HOO!!!!
Here is a photo of the finished "Vintage Trick or Treat" and one of the finished "Snowmen A to Zzzz" . Have a happy week!!!

13 comments:

aztel2000 said...

I love your robin story! the new patterns are so cute--is that pompom trim on the Halloween quilt? Fun!

little acorns said...

"Goofy bird". . . ! LOL (I can just imagine it!)
I'm in love, love, love with both the newbies. . . (but then when am I not?!) I'm on my way to the website. . . to get me mine! . . . for those times when I need to go to my "happy" place!. . . (& you know that's been a lot . . . lately!)
xo, Bren

(p.s. Oh! . . . the pom-poms! . . . brilliant!)

Robyn said...

Love that snowman quilt!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! A new Hallowen quilt!I recently finished 2 Hocuspocusvilles and haven't yet started on the Crazy Boo kitty one :) I love the vintage look that your new quilt has. And the Snowman ABC quilt is wonderful - I sort of "fell away" from stitching for a while, but your patterns are too irresistable! Thanks for the inspiration - you gals keep up the great work!!

Pam P. / Chicago

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh! I LOVE that ABC quilt! I think that robin needs to be a little stitchery, don't you???

Anne Sutton said...

Bren sent me over to look at your new quilt! It's darling! So, so cute! I think Brenda is pulling floss right now LOL!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Oh, my mom is so getting that snowman quilt this year for Christmas!
And the Halloween one is perfect for my mother-in-law - not that she's a witch or anything :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that snowman quilt, is it an available pattern or are you still designing it?

Leslee said...

Loving the Halloween quilt. Actually I love all your stuff.

Leslee in MT

mrspetey21@yahoo.com said...

Love the abc snowman quilt!! When can we start one of our own?? It is absolutely adorable.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, the quilts are just lovely. Robins are not so lovely. Pretty little birds but I agree they can be annoying.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I love the halloweenie quilt...when do you expect you'll have some patterns available? This summer?

Peggy in NJ

Julie Mankin said...

I have completed the quilt top Snowmen A to Zzzz, but I haven't a clue how to have it quilted. Can you give me some ideas. Not many big-arm quilters want to tackle such a large area of embroidery.
Thanks.