Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let's pretend it's Spring!!


The new patterns are almost ready to release!  The photographer will be here Tuesday!  I thought you might want to see some more images from A Gardener's Alphabet. 


I have to admit... I've sort of fallen in love with this quilt and I've chosen my very favorite blocks....P (poppies), Q (queen ann's lace), M (morning glory - heavenly blues of course!), G (grapes), and K (kohlrabi....YES KOHLRABI!)


Oh yeah....and R (wild roses), and S (Spring & Summer...with appleblossoms and apples)


I'm kind of fond of the berries too.....B




The only problem is.... this pattern was just too big!  (not the quilt.... the actual pattern!)
So I decided to split it up...two blocks to a pattern... and present it as a block of the month!
This way, there'll be big, color pictures of the blocks on the pattern covers and that will help everybody with their color tinting!

There will also be two Easter patterns... a pillowcase called "Here Comes Peter Cottontail", and one called "All My Eggs In One Basket".  Also there will be "Hedgerow Wreath"... a flower wreath that you can put a monogram in the center of.... "Sweet Violette", a pillow with a bouquet of violets on the front....and a little Valentine (yes, I know it's a little late!LOL!!!) Called "Crazy Love".

There'll be many more new designs coming out in May at International Quilt Market in Kansas City too!........along with my new fabric line from Lecien.......nope, no hints or sneak peeks!

I should let you know too, that the October and June 2013 retreats are full.  There are a few places left in the December retreat and several in the March one.  BOY they filled up quickly!!!!  I can't wait to meet everybody that signed up!!
Well....suppose I'd better get back to writing patterns!
Thanks for a great 2011!
xox  Meg


11 comments:

Monica said...

I am really excited to get my hands on this pattern. Our LQS is planning to do it and I'll be the sample maker! See you at Market in May.

Mtcreekquilters said...

I cant wait. What fabric did you use to stitch on. Your linen? Which color.

Miss Marker's Quilts/Margaret Leuwen Quilting said...

I can't wait to see these new patterns! What a wonderful idea to do one of them as a block of the month!

Auntie Pami said...

Me too! I can't wait. I'm the sample maker too.

Meg Hawkey said...

Yes, it was the Whitewash linen. The 30291-11. It's so nice to stitch on and I really like doing the color tinting on linen...the white crayon smooths it out and it's SO pretty once it's heat set!

Sheila said...

The butterfly looks amazing!

missy said...

I am so excited for this quilt! I have big plans to enjoy every minute of making it :)

Anonymous said...

Do you sell the Whitewash linen by the yard???? Would love to try it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. When are you releasing the patterns for sale????

Sharon said...

I have just started Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage and I am sooo excited to have found your site! This new pattern will also be great fun to. I am new to crayon hinting and heat setting, any sugestions?

Anonymous said...

I love your patterns and the web site! I've done four of the larger quilts (oh I think 5 of them) My suggestion is to make the photos on the web site easier to see the detail. I know you are working on a new site so perhaps you don't need my imput though.
Happy embroidering!
Lynne