Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A New Day! A New Website!!


Well... the new website was launched in the wee hours last night!  We've spent several hours today trying to get our email back...something about the new website using a different server messed it up (blah,blah,blah computer talk that doesn't make sense...) Anyway, it's fixed now! YAY!!!  We're still fine tuning the site so some little things will change here and there over the next week or so.  By the time we're done, every pattern will show which flosses are used on it..stuff like that.  I hope that you'll like it and that it will be easier to navigate.  We'd started having SO MUCH trouble with our old site (it actually started just randomly deleting products!)  It was more than time for a change.  This website is using all the new technology (translates to "all the bells and whistles") and we'll be able to add some other things as time goes by.  Check it out!  If the link from here doesn't work properly just go directly to www.crabapplehillstudio.com.

We'll be working on the blog next and trying to get it up to date.  I tend to start computer-y stuff out of necessity and then not know enough about it to keep the workings up to date.  NOW I have two or three people here with me who know all about it, so maybe they can drag us into 2012!!!

All of the new releases are on the website... we just got the linen used on A Gardener's Alphabet in today! YAY!!!  So we'll start cutting it and filling the orders we have on the waiting list.  When we get those filled, we'll put it back up on the website.  I ordered fabric today for all of the new quilts so we'll have kits for those in a month or so too!

Browse around on the new website!  If you find anything that doesn't work properly PLEASE let us know so we can fix it ASAP!

xo Meg

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get past the first page..I'm I missing a enter here click? Excited to see the new page!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg...now all the links appear...yes I am stalking your website =) Feel free to delete my comments =) Meagan

Radka said...

Love the website!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your new website is nice in ways than again things are not working so well.............I CANNOT enlarge or get the pattern picture to give the whole view at all.

PLUS WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR PRICES...........I bought in February #272 All My Eggs in One Basket for $8.00 TODAY it is $16.20
and #269 Hedgegrow Wreath for $8.00 and TODAY it is $20.90. DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO GO ON AND SHOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVE RAISED YOUR PRICES BECAUSE I CAN JUST FROM MY ORDER IN fEBRUARY ! ! ! ! ! ! ! WOW, ARE YOU REALLY WANTING THESE PRICES AND THINK THEY ARE WORTH IT ESPECIALLY NOW DAYS WITH THE ECONOMY LIKE IT IS??????????????? I THINK YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN AND THINK ABOUT THIS. I REALLY DO LIKE YOUR PATTERNS AND I HAVE LOTS OF YOUR PATTERNS BOUGHT OVER THE YEARS BUT NOW WITH THIS PRICE INCREASE I DON'T THINK YOUR PATTERNS ARE WORTH IT SO I HAVE TO SIT AND THINK ABOUT THIS FOR AWHILE
NANCY

Meg Hawkey said...

Hi Meagan! If you hover over the words in the bar at the top you'll see little drop down menus that you can click on, or you can click on the word and a menu of pictures will be on the page to choose from.
To Nancy: we had those prices up wrong...sorry! Who in the world would think that those patterns would actually cost that much? YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg

I was really shocked when I seen those prices today. I had been on the new site when you first had it up but paid no attention at all to the prices but today I caught eye of the prices and I couldn't believe what I was seeing but it seem to be alot that were priced so high so I thought maybe they were the right prices. In the past I have always felt your prices were reasonabile. That makes me feel alot better that it was just a mistake because I LOVE YOUR DESIGNS AND I HAVE BEEN BUYING YOUR PATTERNS SINCE ABOUT 2001 OR 2002 AND STITCHING THEM. Really happy to learn of the mistake. Also in the photo on the home page that keeps scrolling I think it is the second one on the left side it has a photo of your studio and on the right is a stitched piece with violets and says Sweet I can't seem to find this pattern or am I missing it. Keep up the good work of designing.
Thanks
Nancy

wendy said...

loving your new website. As for nancy's comment...you can sell your items for whatever you want and those loyal people that love your stuff and understand a capital economy will buy them. Here's to your business and for you to charge whatever you want. And, here's to the customer having the right to chose where they want to shop.

Kelli said...

The new website is absolutely beautiful! It gives one a serene feeling and is fun to browse. Looking forward to the blog for tips, ideas and seeing what everyone is doing!

Meg Hawkey said...

Thanks Wendy! How sweet, you've made my day! Also Jon-O's day...he felt so bad about those price mistakes..the new website had grabbed floss kit prices for those patterns during a download-y, cross-overish thing that he'd done and he hadn't caught it. Kind of ruined his day yesterday, poor guy! We all make mistakes...it's just REALLY uncomfortable when they're so "public"! xoxoxox

suz said...

Love thew new site - had no problems! (August 7)

Anonymous said...

I love the new site but am anxiously waiting for your new patterns. I'd love to do a few Christmas things, so wondering when we will get a glimse of things to come.