Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Lilacs

I just had to share this little bouquet!  Phil picked a few of the first blooming lilacs last night.  Just this tiny bouquet, and it's perfumed the studio!  I'm in a really lavender mood this spring...it just seems to be the color that brings spring to mind.  Hyacinths, lilacs, pansies, violets, grape hyacinths and the hydrangeas to come......so much happiness in one little color!
I was so inspired, I drew something up and have it all ready to stitch.......violets like the ones that would have been carpeting the entire yard at our century old farmhouse in town (I still miss that old house!). I can remember "hiding" the lavender Easter eggs in plain sight in large patches of blooming violets when Jon was a little boy.  I can't wait to start stitching on this!
I love lacy handkerchiefs!  I'm thinking....lots of white French knots!xo Meg

8 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I bet the bouquet smells really nice too. Oh, yes, lots of french knots. Love the design.

Leeanne said...

So beautiful.We are heading into winter here in New Zealand, not that you can tell at the moment because it is still warm.

Darice said...

I am in love with that design! Can't wait to see what it looks like after you have stitched it Meg. I so hope this will be a future pattern!! The picture of your sweet little lilac bouquet brought a huge, happy smile.

Anonymous said...

hurry I can't wait....Love violets

Sandie from S Idaho said...

Love, Love, LOVE THIS!! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I am counting down the days til we get to leave for SLC market!! Soo looking forward to meeting you!!:-)

debbie m said...

Beautiful!

My wordy is liallies, maybe it refers to the lilacs, and the stories they tell us are really not true. Oh my! lol

Ina said...

Beautiful! ;0

Auntie Pami said...

I'm jealous. Our lilacs are just now budding leaves. We normally have lots of blooms for Mother's Day. Oh well. Can't wait to see all the new designs.
ps I live on the other side of the state.