Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More about the white crayons...

Some teacher's supply shops carry the boxes of all white crayons (our local shop doesn't...how DARE they do that to me??? LOL!!)
I tried ordering them from the Crayola website but couldn't find them anywhere...poor little, un-loved white crayons!  I'm sure there's a distributor out there somewhere that has them (for wholesale purchase) but I couldn't find one.  I got mine from the Dick Blick art supply website, which if you're at all artsy is a VERY dangerous place to shop!!!  I'm going to ask a couple of the distributors that carry my patterns if they'd be willing to also carry the white crayons so they'll be more accessible for needlework and quilt shops.....we'll see!...........

5 comments:

ferne said...

I know I must of missed the boat on this, but I really want to know what you do with a full box of white crayons? I'm sure I must need one!

peg in ks said...

you can go to crayola.com and custom order a box of crayons....i would see not reason when they can't be all white...peg in kansas

Anonymous said...

You should think about doing a mini-tutorial on coloring. It would be helpful to us newbies.

Thanks,
Barbara

Nanci said...

you can actually custom create a box with up to four colors and your can select all white http://www.crayolastore.com/creator.asp?T1=CRA+42%2D0853C&Name=White&Code=FFFFFF

I haven't ever used the white before colors were added but will try this in the future.

Good luck

Chris said...

I also missed the boat. I bought a pattern from 'Crabapple Hill', 'Mary, Mary, How Does Your Garden Grow', & it said shade all in white & then shade with color. What is the sense of doing both? Can you wash this quilt when done? HELP