Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WHAT are the white crayons for???

So many questions!!!  Here's the gist of it.........

  • The instructions for the infamous white crayons is below...I think it's the Feb. 1st post.  They're really, really necessary to get the look that I'm trying to show you. 
  • Yes, you can wash a quilt that's been color tinted this way.  Wash in cold water and don't use a detergent that contains baking soda....you know, the one with the bulging muscles and the hammer!? Legend has it that it will remove the crayon...I've never tried it tho and I got the info from an unreliable source....SO, better safe than sorry!  I'm not going to say that it would be a good idea to wash it frequently...but once in a while will be OK.
  • YES!!!  Both "Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage" and "Which Witch's Boot" will be realeased in May at International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.  I'll have many other new patterns at that time that will be released too!................AND OTHER SUPRISES!!!
  • OH!!!  And Happy Valentine's Week!!!  Don't you think we deserve a whole week??? Flowers every day.....Valentines every day in the mail?.........I know.....dream on!
XOX Meg

9 comments:

Dee Howie said...

Hello Meg,
I love the look the white crayons give you. I tried it on one of my designs and it really helps to blend the crayons. I use freezer paper to heat set. And, yes do not wash in baking soda products, it will remove to color. It happened to my daughters project.I love your new designs and I am not a halloween lover. You are soooo blessed! Dee from Leavenworth

Mama Pea said...

Yay. I'm glad those patterns will be available! Can't wait!

Witch of Stitches said...

Can't wait for those patterns!!!

Sandie from Southern Idaho said...

OH! OH! OH! I am soooo excited!!! I am going to the SLC quilt market with my special friend, Kris Lammers, she is a fabric designer for Maywood Studios and she asked me to come along as her guest!!!! Then she showed me the info on the show, I had NO IDEA just how wonderful this would really be!! Then I started reading and saw your name on the list!!! Now... to hear that you will be releasing new goodies, too!!! WOW!! I am over the top!! This is just too exciting!! Soo looking forward to meeting you and seeing your beautiful work!!

Bonny said...

Yahoo - you are going to release your latest halloween pattern! Can we preorder?
Thank you again for being so creative:)

Tricia in TEXAS said...

I think I'm in LOVE! I've seen your patterns and desings aroung and even have one that my sister gifted me... just saw a post about the crayons and they linked to your blog... LOVE IT!!! Halloween is mine and my hubby's favorite holiday and you stuff is adorable. Wish we were closer so I could take some classes! Do you ever come to TEXAS!?!?! Do you have any "official" teacher of your techniques who are around here???

Tricia in TEXAS said...

Think I'm in LOVE! A friend posted a link to your blog after talkin' about getting a whole box of WHITE crayons... THIS IS AWESOME! Wish I lived closer to take a class as I'm a "visual learner"! Do you ever come to TEXAS!?!?! Do you have "official" teachers who might be in my area??? I'm afraid to buy a pattern without knowing what I'm doing...

Auntie Pami said...

Here's a question. I love Transfer eze. And, who doesn't love crayons. But how can we use both? Is this the proverbial chicken and the egg conundrum (did I spell that right)?

Unknown said...

As the Crabapple site was sold out, I ordered a big box from Crayola, and Ill never use 64 white crayons. But it wasnt that expensive, 10.99 + 6.95 shipping. And they dont spoil so I'll find something to do with them. Glad I found out about this before starting my garden quilt. Ive got spring fever, want to do pretty colors!