Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Flight of Fancy!


Yesterday brought so many beautiful surprises!!
We received fabric from Moda by French General called "Rouenneries" that just immediately got my imagination running wild! For some reason I kept seeing birds! (my robin friend maybe???). When I emailed Lissa Alexander at Moda about LOVING the fabric, she emailed me images of the entire line............ you won't believe this!........... it has a bird print!!!! Anyway, I've designed the quilt itself & have started drawing the embroidered blocks. It's going to be redwork & I'm going to call it "Flight of Fancy"!! I'm going to use Lecien's Cosmo embroidery floss......... THIS IS THE NEXT EXCITING PART!............ they have floss that comes on spools & is already just 2 strands!!!! YAHOO!!!!! I got some of that yesterday too! Yup, yesterday was Christmas!
We'll be carrying the Cosmo floss & should have it available before too long. They also have a floss on spools that has 3 strands...........hmmmmmmm............... opens up a WORLD of possibilities! Nireko from Lecien also sent swatches of lacy, embroidered, really fine ecru fabrics. That really got me thinking too! I can just picture what to do with it! Now I have to get busy & start drawing!!
Talk to you later! xox Meg

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Get out!! Mind spinning...Cosmo on a spool???!! French General and MODA??!! *hyperventilating*

MountainGate said...

The COSMO 2-strand on spools is intriguing! Do you have an Internet or brick and mortar store to purchase?

MountainGate said...

Do you have an Internet and/or brick and mortar store to purchase COSMO?

Auntie Pami said...

So glad to finally see swatches of FG fabrics and Cosmo on spools!?

Penne said...

OMG.........that fabric looks fabulous. I have been reading about it for months and can't even wait to see it for real. And about the floss, when will you be carrying it. Soon I hope. Looking forward to seeing what you be making with that great "French General" fabric. Thanks for sharing